PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2009, 10:51
EPASZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well

i believe CX is currently coming up with certain financial benefits to try to retain these expat cadets when they have enough hours/experience to go for greener pastures.
And when u say expat cadets, u mean a western cadet?

to a certain extent, the topic brought up is just another version of the expat vs local package debate that has existed long before the International Cadet scheme came along.
The expat vs local package...ok...people leave home (country of birth) to apply for a job in HK and getting pay more...i think that's kinda a fair game compare to the now the...'you are leaving your country of birth to work in HK without expat benefits if u remain in CX.'

Well i guess my question is...are people really all that interested or should i say long term committed in joining CX when people are getting paid less than a person that came from the same country or race as you? I know there are western cadets that have joined CX well before this international scheme, but cant say they are the same...because they hold a HKID...and im certain they hold a HKID because their parents had made HK their new home well before he/she had the interest in Aviation.

I think the reality is...once you have your hours....who is going to limit themselves to earning less than a real expat would...would you?

Cheers

Last edited by EPASZ; 21st Oct 2009 at 11:19.