PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2009, 08:32
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So those delightful people who took to dragging snowploughs behind the aeroplanes of airlines in distress are (hopefully) on the unemployment line soon? I hope it's not just a case of the same people swapping uniforms and carrying on with the same jobs. New blood is needed there to remove the dead hand of BAA altogether!

Gatwick has great road and rail connections. It should cream the airline business, but it doesn't. The facilities are there, expansion space is there. What's wrong? Single bloody runway! I can't believe they upgraded a taxiway to runway status that can't be used as a second runway. Until another runway is built and capacity goes up, Gatwick will languish because without the airline connections, it will never grow and attract people. I hope the new owner stamps out opposition. It's a great airport with amazing road and train connections streaks ahead of Heathrow. How much longer can we allow people to move near growing airports and then start grousing about development? Do we want the UK to take its place in the modern industrial world or revert to a poor agrarian economy, a 'Portugal of the north', whilst our northern competitors expand their commercial interests at our expense?