PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HKATC Safety
Thread: HKATC Safety
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2009, 06:00
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...Your American controllers, that you are glad to hear are not without fault. In fact, the controllers in the USA are some of the most non-standard we hear world-wide...
Who is we? That doesn't include me, that is for sure. I've never had problems understanding them. Maybe they say dot instead of decimal, but that is like re-arranging deck-chairs on the Titanic.

In addition, many are quite arrogant. If the controllers in JFK are non-standard, how can they give Air China a hard time when they don't understand.
There are assholes everywhere, and everyone has their bad days. And trust me, Cathay has their fair share of c*nts.

...I welcome these new controllers as well, but have no problems with our local controllers who are standard, and enable all nationalities to operate safely...
They are mostly good, but they have a tendency to over-control. They also have a really bad habit of giving you 3 or more instructions in one transmission, or give you a complex taxi instruction on landing rollout.