PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2009, 01:09
EPASZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For International Cadets.

For those who chooses the path to become a CX pilot through the introduction of international cadet scheme. I have this question in mind i want an answer to.

Lets say you are that lucky person who was selected to become an international cadet, does that mean you are now fully committed to spend the rest of your life in Hong Kong or in Cathay Pacific? (well at least i think that's what CX hopes u to do...otherwise CX is gonna gain nothing out of it...unless u make Captain) And for the duration of ur CX career...spending at least 50% of ur monthly salary trying to get a good life out of Hong Kong (known for its high living cost) i.e. live in a reasonable apartment and own a luxurious car of ur dream n eat out at decent western restaurants......However, knowing there are people who are doing the same job as you (an SO or FO or whatever) that are getting paid almost twice as much as you because he/she has housing allowances (through direct entry) and all the other stuff that a local contract does not include or cover.

It seems to be a good deal for you and a good deal for CX right at the beginning doesn't it? Because people who apply for the cadet scheme dont usually have alot of experience or technically none. But in the long run...it seems you are just getting ripped off by the company, when you ask yourself am I an expat or not? And you are an expat for one good reason "You are a westerner working away from home"

So...does this lead you to the part where you are going to eventually make yourself a real expat that has real expat terms and conditions after a certain period of service? And how are you going to do that?

If you are ignoring this post after reading it, that means u are committed to getting ripped off in the long-run (by the statement above) or U already have other plans in mind after you have ur hrs.

If you dont think you are getting ripped off...then kindly leave a statement Will be interesting to know what others think of this, in order to see a different point of view.

Cheers

Last edited by EPASZ; 21st Oct 2009 at 01:19.