PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Poker player aiming for the skies!
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2009, 13:14
pastis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have access to the cash (which by the sounds of things, you may do) stick to modular and do it part time; theres no rush and it will save you £40,000 (plus interest and lost of income).

Don't fall for the shiney magazines it's all a lot of crap.
£40,000, really?
I agree on the loss of income part, by sticking to modular and doing it part-time, but I'm uncertain as to how I'd go about doing this. I think that if I move to England to continue my training I want to be able to go somewhere with a structured setup, so that I won't have to worry too much about self-studying and making up a studyplan of my own (I obviously reckon the fact that I'll have to study alot away from school, regardless of what I do, but I hope you get the picture). Anyway, first of all what I need to do is convert my american PPL. I'm hoping to find a school of high quality, not too far away from London (pretty much ruling out the northern UK ones), that will allow me to convert, aswell as getting those oh-so sought after additional licenses once I'm done converting.

You are right with your assumption that I have access to the cash, that being said, I don't have much more than enough to cover school expenses plus a bit of unforeseen expenses.

As for the magazines, yeah, that's the impression I've got now aswell having read through a bunch of threads on here. Beyond awesome forum, by the way.