PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best aircrew shoulder holster?
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2009, 02:50
Manuel de Vol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BBadanov
Ralph

Now this was a while ago with the 9mm Browning, before we then moved to more exotic weapons like the PPK. Also, on the right side of the jacket we even had a butt extension for the Browning, an attempt to make a basically inaccurate pistol more accurate. Fortunately I never had to use in anger. Good luck mate.
a bit 'off topic' (nothing to do withthe suitability of shoulder holsters) but:

'Exotic weapon'? - A PPK? - just cos it has silver bullets it doesn't mean you're going after vampires.

'a basically inaccurate pistol'?

Really? - 'Why do you think you were given one?

Do you really think that HMG gave you a pistol to enable you to take on the might of PVO Strany?

Had I ever 'gone to war' I would've taken either my L39 or my Schultz&Larsen Mauser + 50 rounds with me in the aircraft. - No holster, but I reckon I could've taken it with me when I jumped out.

Had I survived the landing, then I would've been lethal to any human target within 800 yards.

Browning 9mm? - You wouldn't want to be in my way inside 20 yards. The pistol was (in my hands) accurate at that range, but ordinarily it was lethal at 5 yards.

At 6 inches or rammed under the jawbone (the range it was intended to be used at) one could hardly miss.

Far better than discussing your bomb run with an aggrieved babuschka.

Last edited by Manuel de Vol; 19th Oct 2009 at 03:40.