PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2009, 22:37
righthandrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not that I have any insider info, because a flying programme for the 767 is miles off, they has not been any cash paid yet, but this would be my own initial guess:

1st a/c at LBA for the summer on a route proving exercises i.e PFO, DLM, TFS etc .. followed by:

2nd a/c at MAN for the likes of DLM, SSH, TLV, TFS & ACE (All very well performing routes for Jet2) and new routes to SFB, GOI and POP, with:

the LBA aircraft moving onto SFB & POP as well as YYZ.

I may be wrong as I believe LBA has the market to support a 767 on a purely short haul network as well as a limited long haul market, where as MAN has the scope for a decent long haul leisure market. Just to add all these current destinations are all well supported by Jet2Holidays and tour operators, in reality meaning for example;
Jet2 only needing to directly sell less than 200 seats on a 767 to the likes of SFB, something I think is very realistic.

A lot of people criticise Mr Meeson, especially some of the staff regarding his pay rise this year, but you have to give it to the man, 5 years ago if someone had said a low cost airline would be flying a 757 to Tenerife a lot would have thought it would be doomed to fail, never mind flying to the likes of Tel Aviv, Sharm and an extensive charter network (Including Dubai and Toronto last year), he knows what makes money and turning more towards the lesiure market will ensure Jet2 remains a successful and growing carrier.