PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is now a good time to train? You might be surprised!
Old 18th Oct 2009, 21:53
heli_port

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The World will never be short of fully qualified inexperienced pilots. But there will be a time once more when the World stops spitting on them and stealing their dinner money..
I'm going to disagree with you on tha point W. Once the economy turns around we are going to see $150-$200 oil prices and thus a squeeze on the bottom line of an airlines balance sheet. They are going to expect people to pay for TR etc and work for less money. With oil prices as high as that people will need more money to train and thus i guess we'll see a mpl type license arrangement where they fund some of your training and you pay it back with interest in the long run further reducing what you take home. It will come to a point where a young whipper snapper will have no problem in going along with the new system because they are young and have no family commitments and thus can work for what we call a lower wage but in actual fact it will be a pot of gold to them When the world invents a new low cost carbon neutral fuel source that's when the new golden age will begin. I boarded a bus yesterday and he was wearing gold stripes on his shoulder...