PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines using CLC
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2009, 14:43
Trash_Hauler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quoting STN Ramp Rat

CLC is the new big thing, the new systems are being designed for a CLC environment and do not work as well locally at the stations. I am a convert to CLC for passenger aircraft. Overall it’s much better to have a CLC than do the calculations locally. For Cargo aircraft it’s probably better locally due to the nature of the load.
That is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it, but I am afraid that in this instance, your opinion is wrong. CLC is all that is wrong with the ground handling industry these days. They are de-skilling what SHOULD be skilled positions. Having CLC essentially reduces the role of the dispatcher to that of a co-ordinator when in fact the dispatcher should be highly trained and skilled, and, have flight safety as his first priority and everything else secondary to that. I have seen a lot of so-called dispatchers that don't even have any idea WHAT "CG" is and would be totally lost if they had to calculate it themselves! They are paperwork runners and turn around co-ordinators, but certainly NOT dispatchers!