PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 17th Oct 2009, 23:25
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I find amazing is that as long as NewFleet isn't set up, current cc still think it's acceptable to hire new crew on a different contract to what the current one is. Do they really think that would be a good thing?

It just goes to show that the current reps/(some) cc do not care about anyone but themselves and their own t&cs. I know I've raised this issue before, but I haven't had any responses from current cc who think it's a good idea. To me, it is more or less the same as NF, apart from that they have to work alongside crew who earn x times more per trip.

I said a long time ago that a different pay structure could be a good thing. Hourly pay would even out take-home pay from month to month and they wouldn't be so dependent on long range trips to make up the money. This could enable a bidding system and hopefully get rid of the scheduling corruption.

I know I'm repeating myself here, but everyone else seem to go round in circles, so thought I'd join the hamster wheel...

Gg

Ps. I've not got high hopes for any results for the next "meeting", I must say. Hamley's must be out of toys soon if this continues for much longer. It would be difficult to run a successful ballot at the moment due to the postal issues as well, so I personally think this will drag on for longer. Sigh..