PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA House passes aviation safety bill
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2009, 16:10
Perwazee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Quote:
As posted by Punk666. In fact people who had to work hard for the funding would cut more corners and do it cheaper compared to someone who has the funding already..I know that statement is not 100% true but i have seen it with my own eyes.

Punk, you really lost your credibility with the above statement. Punk... you were very fortunate to have you folks fund your flight training. Punk... you are also very priveleged without the worries of repaying loans.

OK self funded guys... post up... do you agree or disagree with the Punk?

It's a shame your vision is blurred."

I disagree with you on this Capt.

Ability to repay the loan and the stresses involved in that process have nothing to do with someone's ability to learn! I have done both: parents funded the initial education – 12th grade; I funded the 'Flight Training'. I don't see myself any better or worst than those who were not as fortunate as I was.

However, in my experience as a student, instructor, charter/cargo/corporate, and airline pilot, I see it all the time where those [who struggled financially to fund their training] pilots truly believe they are ‘better’ than those whose parent’s funded flight training and they are ‘more’ worthy of airline jobs since they are the ones who ‘paid their dues’.

I truly believe it’s nothing but PURE jealousy!

Interesting thing here in the US is a clear divide between those who went to FBO for flight training and those who through a 4-year college regardless of whether parents funded the flight training or not. Those who didn’t go through the 4-year college degree [Flight Programs] clearly have disdain for those who did.

There’s no way one can be treated for ‘low self-esteem’ unless one visits her/his psychologist on a regular basis!