PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2009, 10:22
albatross

Received 156 Likes on 78 Posts
As I said on that other post "Shell Management":

"I saw that also but I believe they are refering to an oil leak which is stopped by use of the Oilcooler bypass - no mention of run dry.

I am sure the lawyers will all earn enough for new very expensive cars as they argue the point."

Hysterical news reporting aside I still gladly fly my 92.

" 25 per cent of the S-92s operated in Europe's North Sea have suffered cracked transmission mounts."
then I gotta love the next line.
"Transmission failure has emerged as the leading theory in the crash of a Cougar Helicopters S-92 last March"

Easy for the public to make the leap that the accident was caused by cracked transmission mounts with more to soon follow.

Further down in the article "Offshore oil workers have been sharply critical about the cracks discovered in the North Sea S-92s after they learned that the problem was identified 10 months ago. One told a British paper he was "disgusted" by the lack of communication about the fault."

No mention that the problem was addressed by an ASB some time ago - and we all know that an ASB is not nearly as "SEXY" as an AD to the press.

Now don't we communicate to the customers who are the Oil Companies via their aviation and safety depts.

Now does anyone advocate that all airlines, helicopter operators, fixed wing charter operators ect post all SBs, ADs, tech logs and maint. manuals, pilot's licences, OPCs, LPCs, training records of both aircrew and groud crew, weather ect in the passenger lounge so that the passengers can read them and decide when and if the aircraft departs.

Perhaps the oil companies should post siesmic survey info ect in their gas stations so the customers can decide where to drill for oil!

OK I'm being sarcastic and I apologise in advance but sometimes it gets a bit much.