PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2009, 02:42
Fish & Chips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just curious about PAL av school grads... are all of them "sure in" after graduation?

A: No

Was there a time in the past that there was a hiring freeze in PAL that some of their graduates had to wait and and find ways to keep their flying proficiency?

A: Yes

Does PAL offer any help to their students if ever there were no vacancies in company?

A: No

1) would anyone be interested to hire me if I were a newly grad pilot? any chances of getting in gen av for the meantime (as a means to build time as I am aiming for the airlines)

A: Maybe. There is that paradox about not being able to get a job without experience and vice versa. You can improve your chances if you show you're really interested in getting a flying job and make yourself visible. Don't expect them to come looking for you.

2) if no one would hire me, I would need to build time by renting a plane and fly (At this point I would have had spent a fortune: my AV school training + expense for additional flying hours)

A: You only need 12 hours in 12 months to maintain your license as stated by M 0.78. It could take more than 12 months to find a decent job. If you don't have a lot of time when PAL finally calls you, they will understand. But if you forget how to fly in the meantime, they will probably rather have someone else, even a non-avschool type. Maintain proficiency, a current license, and keep studying.

3) if i were a PAL Av school grad and unfortunate to be hit by hiring freeze in the company, nos 1 and 2 would have to be my options.

Last edited by Fish & Chips; 17th Oct 2009 at 06:45.