PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2009, 12:45
onedelacruz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One really important thing for these newly graduated pilots to do is maintain proficiency. At their experience level proficiency will deteriorate very quickly from lack of practice. To keep their licenses current, they need to fly at least 12 hours in the 12 months preceding expiry.

----

I'm just curious about PAL av school grads... are all of them "sure in" after graduation? Was there a time in the past that there was a hiring freeze in PAL that some of their graduates had to wait and and find ways to keep their flying proficiency? Does PAL offer any help to their students if ever there were no vacancies in company?

I guess being a newly grad pilot is the most difficult phase... One has to deal with:

1) would anyone be interested to hire me if I were a newly grad pilot? any chances of getting in gen av for the meantime (as a means to build time as I am aiming for the airlines)

2) if no one would hire me, I would need to build time by renting a plane and fly (At this point I would have had spent a fortune: my AV school training + expense for additional flying hours)

3) if i were a PAL Av school grad and unfortunate to be hit by hiring freeze in the company, nos 1 and 2 would have to be my options.

Any comments please?