PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA House passes aviation safety bill
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2009, 07:25
fourgolds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this is a step in the right direction. As long as its enforced , the intention is right. It will be great to see the salaries go up as a result and hopefully will create a "shortage" and most importantly it could indeed improve safety. However ,remembering the gap between 200 hrs and 1500 hrs . How do wannabees now bridge the experience gap ?
They cant all be instructors , allthough creativity and capatilism will in itself resolve this problem. I foresee a lot more jobs created all around. MOre bush flying in Alaska , More GA jobs being created ( albeit at a very low wage). But it could have a very positive effect on the Industry.
Lets wait and see.

I think Governments need to realise the huge responsibilty they have to the genereal public and the industry as a whole. Knowing that the bottom line of airlines is Economically and not safety driven. They all cut corners to save on their bottom line. Another example is the current fuel policies around the world. Allowing airlines to operate on fumes all in the name of enviromental green issues when in fact its all about saving $. Is this really in the better interest of the flying public ? Why allow 3% contingency , commit to destination etc etc. Is it really safe in the big scheme of things.
Well time will tell. Safe flying and good luck to all the wannabees in the USA.