PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we facing a safety issue?
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2009, 17:31
rmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well WP, in my opinion a reasonable comparison because those costs are hidden from me and I cannot have an informed opinion.

But just to choose one area related to this thread, does BA charge junior pilots for their type ratings and flying experience and then show them the door after 6 months ? does Ryanair or any of the other locos ? I am happy to be informed by a source who is close to the action.......

Is there evidence to suggest that a younger fleet needs less maintenance in the short term and that clever bulk purchasing can create a short term model which may not be sustainable in the long term ?......

Whats your definition of "common knowledge" as opined in your post, is that based on informed opinion ?

In hindsight however, I can see that spiralling house values, overinflated stocks and consumerism based on the never never had to come to a crashing stop, even though, once again, I personally had no informed opinion on the weak debt structures of the financial sector.

I just remember the old saying "no such thing as a free lunch".

However, if anyone can explain to me in an informed way that it is possible to deliver a very cheap fare structure without compressing crew salaries, as I have written I am willing to be open minded about how the "magic formula" works.

Last edited by rmac; 14th Oct 2009 at 17:46.