PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 14th Oct 2009, 09:21
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA have said that New Fleet won't be in for some time yet and not until the business returns to profitability. I think it is something they may want in the future; but if it is the all-singing all-dancing way forward, why is it taking so long? He could have imposed at the end of June. He could have taken the vol redundancies at the beginning of the year and New Fleet could be here by now.

There are alot of complications with a New Fleet, not least of all experience levels on the aircraft. WW doesn't want a strike anymore than anyone else does - it would be suicidal. The one way to get the strike called off, and still retain his savings would be to abandon New Fleet. New Fleet came off the table before, no reason why it couldn't do so again today.

The Union have thus far failed us, and as a member I am furious. A New Fleet could mean the loss of our jobs in the very near future. I hope that the Union will see sense and take this last opportunity to agree to the crew complements and disruption agreement; in exchange for No Strike = No New Fleet. I have a bleak hope that it could still be a win-win.