PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2009, 01:49
ifsknt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max

We have all heard your theories on nodal vibration. If you are serious, why not write to Sikorsky (the abbreviation for which is SAC not SKY) instead of hoping that they might just pick up your theories from an anonymous internet rumour network?

If you don't want to fly offshore, then don't. The 10 hour inspection cycle is designed to detect any cracking for a limited time until the exact route cause can be found.

You seem to be under the mis apprehension that Sikorsky is prepared to allow an aircraft to operate which according to your pejorative is barely airworthy. Like they need another accident...right!

I don't know how long you have been around helicopters and the offshore industry or your exposure to different aircraft types but almost every helicopter type in the industry has had a fatal accident related to material or mechanical failure. It doesn't make it right but its a fact. I have flown and been involved with both EC and Sikorsky. Maybe you would be happier working where you can fly on a different helicopter type.

I bet that EC wishes it could have prevented the 332L2 fatal accident in April with a simple 10 hour inspection.

Please post the results of your discussions with Sikorsky.