PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 13th Oct 2009, 20:56
welshboy1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HiFlyer

Do you really think BA don't want this New Fleet? If not, then what is the purpose in having all these ex-temp crew literally waiting in the wings, all referenced up and ready to go, give or take a few weeks notice periods in current jobs.

Plus the however-many crew that were recruited in February this year when BA randomly advertised for crew just as they were letting the first load of temporary crew go, and they are now sat in a hold pool waiting for a course date (remember, they didn't apply for any specific base or contract as the advert said "subject to operational requirements"?

Of course, everyone has there own opinions, and as an ex-temp, I do sway towards the idea of this New Fleet. Who knows if it will work, we can only wait and see what happens, who gets offered what and when. The only thing I am pretty certain about now, is that the ball is most definetly in BA's court and I think BASSA have pretty much lost the game/plot now.