PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 13th Oct 2009, 19:34
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Matt - yes I thought the Monthly Duty payment would have been beneficial. It should be very clear to even the hardest militants that UNITE have failed us on several accounts:
1. Despite having info about New Fleet over a year ago, it now appears to be firmly on the table.
2. The threat of New Fleet could have been eliminated via the Fixed Monthly Duty payment route but the opportunity was missed.
3. A strike will be disastrous for the whole company and would simply give us even more insecurity than we have now.

What will tomorrow's meeting bring? Will WW pull an ace out of his sleeve? Will he perhaps pull New Fleet off the table by gaining a No Strike clause in return? I'm not convinced that New Fleet is what they really want, but they do want one crew off each plane and a new disruption agreement (which personally I have no objections to and any reasonable Union would have negotiated this well).

If WW pulls New Fleet off tomorrow, in exchange for No Strike, everyone saves face. We all live happily ever after....with one crew member down and a new disruption agreement, which is probably all they wanted anyway. Bingo! Let's see what tomorrow brings...