PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prejudice over Integrated V's Modular ATPL Training?
Old 13th Oct 2009, 17:50
Alex Whittingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a view 'quietly suggested' by integrated FTOs, I don't think any dare say it in print today. The reality is most airlines don't care where or how you trained, particularly the biggest hirer, Ryanair. As far as I know, the only one who states a preference is BA, who say they only take integrated students. This has to be viewed in perspective, BA have only recruited 30(?) or so ab-initio FOs in the last four years. Oddly, BA did include some modular students from CTC in that number, despite their stated preference.

Some airlines care where you trained, Easyjet, for instance, source their FOs almost entirely from CTC. There are occasional promotions where a company such as Netjets will run a recruitment scheme through an integrated FTO, but they're quite rare and I don't think there are any running at the moment. If you're not aiming at any of these specific companies your chances are the same whether you've done a modular or integrated course. Your pocket will be about £40K lighter if you've done an integrated course - and you'll have to stop work - and you can't control how quickly/slowly you train.