PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prejudice over Integrated V's Modular ATPL Training?
Old 13th Oct 2009, 16:35
Philip White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prejudice over Integrated V's Modular ATPL Training?

I am in the process of choosing the right FTO for me based upon the fact that due to personal circumstances I need to train mainly in the UK. Through in-depth research I have whittled down my choice to Cabair and Oxford AA and I am able to be abroad for approximately two months in the way Cabair's European Integrated Course is structured. However, I am unable to do the Oxford AA Integrated course as this requires 5 months abroad in the US.

Someone recently suggested however that I could do the full ATPL OAA modular course back-to-back which only requires 5 weeks abroad in the US and therefore I should not discount OAA as they have one of the best reputations in the industry and with airlines.

I have however heard that there is a prejudice by airlines towards modular courses V's Integrated courses even if I was to get good grades and stick with the same school throughout all modules. Perhaps therefore I should go for the Cabair Integrated course even if I feel OAA is better!?

I please ask for any comments and advice on this matter as I want to give myself the best chances for employment once I am qualified after going through lengthy training at great expense! Thank you