PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi B747 in Manila
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2002, 15:48
ijp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I won't argue the Karachi crash, however there is controversy about that crash. The Kakistan flt was painted a 14,500, 500 below the assigned flt lvl, granted, but the SV flt was assigned 140....They were both warned about trafic. I only know rumors about this whole incident so I can only give an opinion.
However, something to consider,SV's accident rate is 1.67, not bad when compared to Korean or other Asian airlines, but Europe and the USA combined only have 4 airlines with worse records...Olympic, Turkish, Value Jet,and Midwest. I make the same statement about them as well.
I would recognise Saudi Arabia as I was there on the Haj. It is considerably worse than the it was in the 70s. I have watched this decline( decline thru western eyes) for years. I was attached to the US Embassy for the worst 6 mos of my life.
We were told that there would be no expats in 5 to 10 years also, (except for Sam Bigler) That was in the 70s But there will always be a need for expats as long as they, and others need someone around to blame.
Also,Expats can make up excuses with the best of them.