PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Batavia Air
Thread: Batavia Air
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2009, 10:01
Cruiseclimb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Storpikk..

Not intended to offend anyone here.... but Storpikk, if you have something to add to the forum regarding the airline itself... please do so. Newspaper articles about parts of wings falling off, planes getting lost, engines failing in flight, and angry passengers storming onto another plane aren't what I'd call.... second and third party hearsay.....

Klcdenver asked if anyone knew anything about this company... He didn't say just tell me everything nice about the company.
I passed what I had heard first hand, backed it up with some research, then had some conversations with Billi in HR at the company when they offered me a job.

The smart person will know how to weed through the typical negetivity that sometimes runs through lots of the posts here. I'm glad to hear some good things about the company from Hoggar. There are obviously some positive things about the company, and he hit the reasons for going there right on the head... but if you read between the lines (and the newspaper articles), you won't walk into things like a blind cow. If you know the score in the beginning, you won't be disappointed later.

Batavia looks like a great place to move a career to if you know what you are getting into. I've been to Indonesia many times in the past and can highly recommend it. I've worked for some bad run companies, and the signs of poor management show up in things like, maintenance problems and unhappy aircrew that leave when they aren't paid or are pressured to fly equipement that isn't 100% (how do you think Batavia ended up on the top six most unsafe hit list in 2007). Read the articles I posted and make up your own mind ... The truth always lies somewhere in the middle

Thanks Mate!!

Last edited by Cruiseclimb; 15th Oct 2009 at 12:23.