PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B.A. and BACE
Thread: B.A. and BACE
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2002, 14:48
Cornflake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

When I'm doing a Line Check, or an LPC, or a Loftex, I am usually encouraged to DODAR. I am constantly told that the last 'D' is the most important one, continually REVIEW things, and change my actions and decisions to accommodate new information. If the decisions need changing, then do so. I am told the worst thing I can do is 'Try and get in at any cost', to try and make events fit my plans rather than the reverse.

I think our management would be well advised to DODAR. They insist on plowing full speed ahead with the same plan, even when it is clear to all that it is not working. Instead of competing to see who can be the hardest nosed macho manager, they should take a reality check.
The whole culture is wrong, and that's why I'm going orange - that is a place where they really DO realise that their employees are their biggest asset, and they treat them as such.
Oddly enough, they seem to pay very good rates, and weirdly, they make huge profits. Do you think they may just be doing something right?

How foolish of me - nope, our way is best! More floggings and all all leave cancelled until morale improves. In the meantime, lets cancel a few more flights!!