PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warnings to wannabee pilots in the Aviation Mags
Old 11th Oct 2009, 19:49
BabyBear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gasax
There is a huge level of evidence that paying up front is a receipe for loosing your money if a 'flying club' is involved.
Indeed there is, as there is for paying up front for a whole host of goods and services.

It is blindlinly obvious that payng 'upfro nt; has a proven level of risk of loosing that money.
I agree, so why should there be 'special' rules for student ppls' when the risks are blindingly obvious? Are ppl students less capable of assessing such risks?

Conversely there is vitually none that Stasi type informing stops accidents.
And this statement is based on? You are at risk of getting the totally wrong idea of my position re this. Would you have taken action if you knew this guy was flying with so much disregard? (if you choose to answer this point I suggest going over to the other thread.

Do you run a flying club?
No, I am surprised you considered I may have. Most businesses have offers designed to improve revenue, why shouldn't flying schools? The way ppls' go on about this subject is on the verge of being irrational!