PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Jobs
Thread: Jet2 Jobs
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2009, 19:47
CAT1 REVERSION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

Jet2 is low-cost in every sense of the word!

I think what the other posters are getting at is why the hell should you be bonded for company related training?
It costs ANY company to train their employees, so all Jet2 are doing is safeguarding their initial outlay by asking for a financial commitment commensurate with training costs. Not too unresonable I think???!!! Pilots are notoriously expensive to train, so in these somewhat turbulant times they are doing as they are asking us all to do - cut costs....not unique to Jet2, ALL airlines are doing it!

So surely when joining type rated with a significant amount of hours one can expect to start with a SFO salary??
I've been with them for nearly 3 years, you will only get Senior First Officer recognition after 2 years service, no matter how many hours on type or previous commercial experience you have, so if 2 stripes hurts your ego I would look else where!

The company is, in my eyes, a good place to work. Yes it's not great, but where is nowerdays? It is one of the VERY few airlines set to employ next year, although it looks likely to be on a Summer basis only.

Yes, £35,700 is CR*P, but Jet2 offers a good training department, pretty stable rosters (disclaimer: pretty)and a great bunch of people to work with.

Good luck to all, won't suit all, but certainly a good start airline, as I'm sure Jet2 will find out when other Airlines start employing and many leave us!!!

Last edited by CAT1 REVERSION; 11th Oct 2009 at 19:59.