PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help me out here guys..............Mecca HEMS
Old 11th Oct 2009, 18:54
Dantruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a muslim and so's my wife

.......................Or have I just had an Epiphany?

Sorry to say Mr Mod, but the bloke from Oz does look to have at least a smidgin of a point here, doesn't he?. You did rather cut him off in his prime earlier today (UTC+1), and more pointedly by doing so you did rather exercise a similar (albeit apparent) lack of tolerance...that being a similar sort of lack of tolerance that many - not all - muslims choose to direct toward those of us who do not share the same beliefs/god/imaginary friend (delete as appropriate).

It's their sandpit (sic) so they get to make the rules, but the truth remains a similar job ad placed for London HEMS or anyone else in the Christian, Jewish, Hindu, et al world would attract much wailing and knashing of teeth, rightly and properly in my humble opinion. Perhaps that alone is the point that made Epiphany, myself and a few other I'll wager, wince over our morning coffee.

Not that I think Geoff's original post was wrong in any way; he stated clearly the need for the role. It is just that by locking the original thread you appeared to stifle the debate that looked to be about to start, and thereby gave an impression you may not have intended. I might be wrong, but I myself would have been interested to see where such a debate might take us.

Yet I respect your decision to choose otherwise. Your sandpit, and all that!

May your god go with you
Dan

Dan, point taken. I've merged this with the original thread, and unlocked. But if the debate takes a direction more suited to Jetblast, I reserve the right to moderate accordingly!

Senior Pilot