PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warnings to wannabee pilots in the Aviation Mags
Old 11th Oct 2009, 18:28
BabyBear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gertrude the Wombat
Why would anyone pay you 5-8% to borrow your money when they could get it from the bank cheaper?
The challenge with this statement of course is that encouraging members to fly and in doing so increasing sales revenue is not the same as getting a loan from the bank.

gasax, not a change of tack at all.

I do believe we are in times where individuals look for every opportunity to shun personal responsibility, and frankly I am pig sick of it.

I also argue that part of this responsibility is to others. I would include taking the proper action where necessary, should we have knowledge of pilots who disregard the law to the extent of guy on the other thread. To ignore it is, in my book, irresponsible.

I think the pilot community get a bit over emotional when looking at the paying of training fees and tend to detach it from the reality that it is a commercial transaction, as any other. The suggestion that magazines should publish warnings is a step too far.

Last edited by BabyBear; 11th Oct 2009 at 18:46. Reason: To combine 2 posts