PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help me out here guys..............Mecca HEMS
Old 11th Oct 2009, 17:03
Epiphany

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point is Jolly Green that in a tolerant, democratic society we cannot discrimate on the grounds of religion. Pprune is not a Saudi employment website and should not be used as such. If Geoffers wants a Muslim pilot then he should be advertising in Saudi where the ad would not raise eyebrows or hackles.

You need to get a sense of humour SP.

I am well aware of the restrictions, repression and discrimination in Islamic society having lived and worked there, so I don't need your lecture.

I fortunately now live in a tolerant, democratic country where people are still allowed to voice their opinions and expect a right of reply. Calling me stupid and then removing that right of reply by closing off the thread is hardly democratic.

I was surprised (although perhaps I should not be) by your acceptance of an overtly discriminatory pilot job advertisement on PPRuNe. My point is that you should not have allowed one that specified a race, colour or religion.