PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting US military hours to civilian hours
Old 12th Jun 2002, 02:51
CameronW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most guys in the civilian airline industry that I personally know would not give a hoot about your "military" flight time...
Come back again when you have "real" airline experience....then many will be ready to talk turkey.
Sorry...but thems are the facts. Except Delta and American of course...but they have strange ideas indeed. But..hey, give them a try...you might just get lucky. Big bucks there IF you get in.
LOL! Thanks for your amusing and insightful post (although you failed to address my question, so I'm not sure why you even bothered). Funny how none of my buddies have had any trouble whatsoever finding jobs with the majors the moment they were eligible to separate from the military. I guess a few thousand hours in large multiengine jets means something to some of those strange airline managers in charge of interviewing applicants...and we even get paid good money to build that kind of experience. Could this fact be cause for some jealousy and resentment amongst SOME individuals who never would have made the cut in the military? Hmm...

Originally posted by jumpseater:
Cameron, check pprune email
Thanks JS! I got your email and I appreciate the info. Living in the UK for a while is VERY tempting. I'll have to look into it when my US Air Force commitment is up.