PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie training in New Zealand
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2009, 02:04
hef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I welcome Australians to come to NZ to do there pilot training using our student loan scheme. It may not seem like it at face value but it is great for our economy in the long term. If you are Australian and you are thinking of doing this take my advice, it isn't as good as it sounds, I know an Aussie that learnt this the hard way. You will be paying 7 point something percent interest until you have paid off every last cent if you leave NZ. Don't think you can 'sneak out', you are paying interest on it the minute after you hand your passport to the customs official at the airport. If you think you are getting a free licence (as some people have said in this thread) you have a another thing coming. Our government doesn't appreciate foreigners stealing money from our hard working tax payers. They will take everything you have ever worked for plus more and sell it for next to nothing just to prove a point.

Telling the debt collectors that 'kiwis have been bludging off us for years' as they are cleaning out your house wont get you anywhere.

Think what you want about these comments, but I've seen it happen.