PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Oct 2009, 21:48
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where do I start on this one?

The imposition email contains pretty much what I expected. Most crew now talk about that this is just the beginning, which according to the email from the LT, is true. Next on the agenda is a disruption agreement, which is long overdue (as well as the rest of the issues).

Other forums have descended into a kindergarden playground. Anyone trying to question what's happened or what will happen next is told to but a cork in it and support their union and reps. Some of the questions and wishes for clarification are sensible and I understand why these issues have been raised. Any clarification from the union as to what happens next? Not a chance.

People are now getting into a tizz as to when a ballot will be issued. Some think a ballot can be issued asap, some think the union has to wait until the 16th. A clarification from the reps would be helpful at this point, although I'm not sure whether I can actually believe anything that comes out of their mouths at present (not that I've believed much they've said in the last few months anyway).

Some crew claim there's no way they can complete the service with reduced crew levels and the CSD being integrated into the service routine. The company knows what happens at LGW, and will plainly tell them to get on with it.

If only Bassa could've negotiated properly, hired a number crunching individual who understand accounts and also been less emotional about this whole issue, we may have had a different result now.

The last 3 talks days were no use whatsoever, as the Bassa reps refused to sit in the same room as a certain Amicus rep. BA clearly stated they wanted both parts of the union in the room to be able to hold talks, to no avail. Seriously, this is ridiculous behaviour from "adults". Acting like children at this crucial stage of talks is unbelieveable. Especially considering that when the company has talked to Amicus reps (when Bassa didn't turn up), the whole Bassa militant group shouted that it wasn't fair. Make up your minds, guys. This isn't the time or place to be stalling.

With this imposition it proves that putting fingers in ears and refusing to listen will not work this time. WW is not scared of Bassa, and Bassa have proven themselves to be pretty much useless in this whole excercise.

Gg

Last edited by Glamgirl; 7th Oct 2009 at 21:51. Reason: typo