PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDI Transatlantic flight on the cards?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2002, 15:06
brain fade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bagheera. Thank you for that info. I thought it was in case you missed the turn (as a -8 amazingly did the other day!). cant pretend that i am in any way an ATC expert..... but your runway occupancy is pi** poor compared to the likes of cdg for example. Also there are a few controllers who seem to take no allowance for the wind. Therefore same six mile stuff on 24 even with sixty or seventy Kt HWC on final. I must admit tho' the ground freq has a bit of a job with the airport layout. Don't you think there are rather a lot of obstructive 'rules' tho? For example the no 'one backtrack, while another lines up' on 06. Surely you could remember, and even if you forgot its a bit unlikely that the one on full length is going to open the taps and ram the other up the chuff isn't it? Some of the pushback rules seem a bit 'flat earth society' also. I could go on, and we know you need a better located tower, but why bother? I am sure you are as aware, if not more so ,than I am of the situation! BF