PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Oct 2009, 07:24
Nutjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caudillo

More rhetoric.

What other choice did BA have? They faced a Union that wouldn't even acknowledge the necessity for change and savings. Wouldn't take up the offer to sign disclosures allowing them access to the confidential BA accounts. Accounts that would have given them the opportunity to brief themselves fully on the state of the finances. Wouldn't you have thought that was an essential prerequisite? Don't you need all the important facts before you decide on a strategy? How easy it is to deny the need to make savings when you just choose to ignore the more painful facts?

Whatever; those changes and savings DO need to be made. Willie is ensuring they are.

I'm not normally particularly pro-BA and, in the past I, have despaired of their attitude at times but I reckon they've pretty upfront about all of this. We were told time and time again that the targets must be met. Was it all just going to go away if we delayed long enough? It seems many hoped so. Sadly, fingers-in-ears and "la la la, we're not listening" has left us with the outcome we merited.

Last edited by Nutjob; 7th Oct 2009 at 08:55. Reason: Spelling - as usual