PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2009, 21:47
Rapha_BA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey people,
I have to agree with smith,it was true!But there are two sides of the story..you will see the Aston martins,porsches and expensive mercedes at the car park and you'll eventually come across the csd who watches a couple of films on his "office",while eating pot noodles on a 10hour longhaul flight,earning £60k,truth!

But they are a minority,and the real problem is the inequality,differences on our contracts.I've walked to work several times to save money,on my salary I can't afford sport's cars either,nevertheless save money...

A good example is LGW,where you can operate a band 4,11 hour day,then next day do a longhaul,minimum rest and get only 2 days off after the trip(earn a 1/3 of the LHR WW would earn for the same trip)

There's some good people out there and not every one agrees with everything that has been said,but I can assure one thing,is that a good part of the staff are aware, and we know we will have to accept some of the changes,however I agree that there are some very very delusional people out there.

Make no mistake,pilots had a sweet deal,but it was like taking your kid to the doctors for a vaccine,offer ice cream so they calm down,and then..it comes the needle.They will come back for you,this is just the start!