PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR assessment Oct 7th
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2009, 19:57
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dihaz, you're thinking the right way.

I am very impressed to see that we can have a more reasoned, gentle and respectful discussion on the topic without the 'October TR' contingent available to spit their irrational, unreasoned venom. Though we still have Glide to man that fort.

Stefair, given that you do understand, appreciate and agree with what I am saying, I would say, for what it is worth - if Ryanair give you a go and you are one of the 'lucky' 10% you should comfortably go for it. It shows that you have at least acted with thought and not lust, testosterone and impulse like I strongly suspect most have.

MikeHotel, I am a human being, I of course suffer from Confirmation Bias and Denial. As a pilot I wouldn't be complacent about either. So don't make light of them. Explain how I am suffering from either in my posts and I will happily discuss further and accept it and learn from your observations. I have merely stated facts from your mouths and contested their acceptance by you (Plural).

I'd imagine many less than 10% 'pass' the Ryanair 'selection'. And for the future, given the undeniable state of the industry and it's effects on any fresh/ stale low houred pilot and given the undeniable perfidious and slippery nature of Ryanair in my opinion many, many less will be passing the so called selections. They may have been done for a need previously but now they are being used to generate revenue if not profit. As I have said, the sims are there regardless, the pilots and HR are on the payroll regardless and the warehouse / hangar is there regardless of whether the assessments happen - fact. More assessments must equal more revenue and almost certainly equals more profit. It's fine for the 'lucky' ones who pass but it's an unnecessary expense and kick in the nuts for the other 90% who haven't been 'selected'. And given the many apparent unusual pitfalls in the selection (like accidently saying you are in another holdpool) it genuinely sounds an absurd test to me. But given the fact everyone in this industry is between a rock and a hard place, what can you do?

Just give them the £260, you know and they know that you want to.