Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2009, 06:08
Runway15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parking

PhilBHX,
Phil thanks for your reply.

Picked our son up Monday pm but since we were a little early we "lurked" round by the train station.
I spoke to one of the "parking traffic enforcment officers" who was doing his rounds on the short stay and asked him if they were strict on the 20 minutes waiting time. He asked me why and what we wanted to do so I told him about the "soppy wife" meeting our son and he told us we could have 45 minutes as long as we parked right at the far end of short stay and walked back.

So a result was had, we were both there to meet our son and his girlfriend and thanks to the sensible guy at the train station we got free parking. Only took us 25 minutes to go over and meet them and get back so we would have got away with a £3.30 charge at the airport anyway but it greives me to be robbed for 25 minutes parking.

Perhaps those people in power should sit up and listen to what the general public and indeed lot of you guys on here who deal with us on a daily basis, are saying about the current pricing structure for what are the basics for people who need to use or visit the airport.
Thanks again for your help.