PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regional GA Pay
Thread: Regional GA Pay
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2009, 05:50
The_Pharoah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not necessarily. Unless properly managed, you'd be surprised where companies 'leak' money especially unnecessary o/head costs. When you consider that a lot of private charter companies are run by ex pilots or pure businessmen, they may not have the financial acumen or experience required to ensure their company/business is operating efficiently or to even know what an efficient company operates like financially.

I'm just starting up my own accounting consulting business on the side (for when I get fully into training) and I've dealt a lot with small businesses who don't even know what a proper cashflow is or how to do a forecast, much less reorganize their company structure.

This is where I keep reiterating to business people...concentrate on what you do best eg. fly, doctor, repair, etc - leave the business stuff to accountants. Paying $1000 to an experienced accountant may seem like much but may save you heaps in the long run...and hopefully make you realise that you have a lot more $$$ than you think (and can stop squeezing every last cent from poor pilots!).

Remember, everybody needs an accountant!