PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR assessment Oct 7th
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2009, 21:37
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh well, I suppose saying anything at all about Ryanair is bound to be confirming my bias or denying I'm confirmed, or something like that. I think we've been here before haven't we Beak?

But to recap, I answered Question 1.

As for Question 2, I can't remember whether I admitted I am in hold pools at my Ryanair interview. If asked, I wouldn't have denied it.

I don't quite follow this 'weighting' argument. I had both a sim assessment and a lengthy interview. I don't know which one they put more weight on. Does anyone? But what I would guess is that if you perform poorly in either, that part of the Assessment will be cut short.

I have 4 mates flying for Flybe all who started straight out of training and about 20 mates at BA who all joined straight out of training. Weird huh! I am not refering to the type of selection that CTC do, more they types that BA, FLYBE, THOMSON, NETJETS, MONARCH, THOMAS COOK, JET2, VIRGIN, AIR FRANCE, LUFTHANSA, KLM etc. do.
Joined straight out of training? Lucky buggers! And what percentage of the low hour pilots recruited into the above list of Airlines applied direct and not through a tame FTO with a linked recruitment programme? I will happily stand corrected if it turns out that they have been taking on low hour pilots from outside their FTOs in the last year.

'Ideal' candidates don't exist and won't be found by asking lots of questions. That's pretty much my point. From what I know about recruitment into any industry, the recruiters make their decision very quickly once the candidate comes into the room and starts talking. That could happen after 15 minutes in a sim, 30 minutes in a sim, or 5 minutes into an interview.

By the way Beak, doesn't this confirmation bias thing work both ways? Or do you deny it?