PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAA Security Help
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2009, 20:43
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The request from A & C is a good indication of just how alienated most pilots feel from 'Security'. It's all pure theatre when viewed from a pilot's perspective.
Damn right! I'm more likely to lose my job because of the activities of these than any terrorist action. These people see me (and every other airport worker) as part of the problem rather than part of the solution. They are not employed for their intelligence, just their blind obedience to rules and procedures - just like another well known group of people some 60 years ago who. I think a few of them created the defence "that they were only following orders".

Prince Muhammad Bin Naif will tell you about the lastest methods employed by the religious nutters our morons are trying to trap, after he has had a few more showers. Now the tools of bad guys' trade are for all intents undetectable and we still can't take a yoghurt through airside.

You need to know very little about security to beat it (eg. ask West Midlands Air Support where their helicopter went). I've also only witnessed two (in 20 years of flying - so 5,000 times) checks on security at airports and in both cases they omitted to find prohibitted items. If there was a book, I know who I'd put my money on.

PM