PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR assessment Oct 7th
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2009, 21:14
Airsey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a few general questions wrong in the technical interview, but the interviewer for me seemed to ask me to clarify my wrong answers, and from that he would ask me "so what what would happen if this happened" or something of the sort to lead me onto getting the right answer. I think he did that basically to see whether I KNEW the answer but was just nervous, or whether i actually had no idea. But I think I won it back with my knowledge of my previous aircraft. He let me spend about 10 minutes going into details about the engine of my aircraft, and lots more stuff.

My sim wasn't very strong in my experience, but I flew it well, my NDB approach was at most 20feet off of the plates but it took me 3 go arounds before I actually pressed the TOGA buttons and made it easier on myself to use the FD bars haha. After the 3rd one when I pressed the TOGA, instructor said "that's what I was waiting for you to do, now lets do another one and land" lol. He was really nice in general. Oh and don't forget to bring a pen!!!