PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Feel Air!
Thread: Feel Air!
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2009, 13:18
Guttn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, well here goes, and of course this is pure speculation on my own behalf, though it wouldn`t surprise me at all if this is how all this has come together

As most of us know, there has been an absence of longhaul from Norway for quite some some. Yes, Continental have been flying EWR-OSL for some years, but that`s about it when not taking into account this past year`s routes (as far as scheduled carriers are concerned). Although every prognosis and market evaluation has pointed in the same direction - that there is a market for longhaul out of Norway. Why hasn`t flag carrier SAS brought their A330/340s to OSL to be based there? I think most of us know why, and that behind that decision lies politics inhouse (and perhaps some unions...?). With that in mind, look at what is happening at SAS. It doesn`t look as if things are improving too much (albeit they just sold their BMI share to LH), and (my theory) I think they are very close to closing up shop. They have already put a couple of `buses on the ground from the longhaul fleet. A330s wasn`t it? Enter Mr. Lagarhus, who sees that the time is right and ripe to start longhaul ops from OSL and ARN. He has his finances for this project through DNBNOR Eiendom, which in itself is an achievement. So here`s how I think the story will unfold; SAS is sold off for next to nothing to LH (who probably have been dictating how to restructure SK for some time now) before long, FeelAir either leases or buys the remaining A330/340s from SK for cheapcheap (where did Mr.Lagarhus work previously?) and DNBNOR (or... the Noggie government) has a national airline to fit a growing market. Management (FeelAir) can then pick and choose from redundant and experienced SK crews and at the same time have no hassle with former unions. Of course, none of this is illegal, and in that matter isn`t really a conspiracy theory at all, but it shows how some things neatly can fit together. But hey, it`s just speculation on my part so don`t take it as a truth. It was just all the little things summed up that made me think.

ATP-Pilot, har du ikke hørt når piloter sier "hadde det ikke vært lurt om vi bare hadde...." osv? Vi er alle eksperter (tror vi), men ingen av oss driver flyselskap. Meninger er alltid moro

Men lykke til til FeelAir. Tipper flåten deres kommer til å vokse innen ett år er omme.