PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA vs. FAA Training
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2009, 09:31
Apollo_Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAA vs. FAA Training

Hi guys,

I am new to this Forum and have few questions. As i share my passion for flying with you all I know this is the best place to ask questions.
I have started doing mine PPL following JAA syllabus (AFE books) and so far completed around 50 hours of flying (done mine SOLO and XCountry and all ground school tests) and at point when i had to do mine few more flights and final check ride, my school went nuts with prices for extra hours (600$+++) so i had to stop and start searching for alternatives. I have found few schools that offered me good package, but my worrie is that all of them follow FAA training and ground school which is quite different as i am used to JAA syllabus. I am aware that i will have to do all ground tests again and extra hours to get familiar with different procedures.

My question is...How much different the training is (both ground school and flying)? Since i do intend to fly in EU, is the base training for PPL better to be done with FAA or JAA syllabus? What would you recommend me to do?
I thank you all for replays!!!