PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Controllers to Stopwork
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2002, 20:33
divingduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry hmmm...gotta be a windup!

ok ULM, I'll bite.....

CTA of G, you'll take them as they come (or words to that effect), driving your C152 it probably doesn't make much difference what airspace you fly in....it makes a difference to everybody else.

Still I fail to see how see and avoid works when your head seems stuck in a dark place....

The boys and girls in ATC in Oz have been trying to negotiate with a recalcitrent employer for over 18 months...this is a flow on from that.

As someone said before, you compare BASIC salary to get job worth....shift allowances etc etc are penalty payments for working ungodly hours etc etc. Like Christmas (yes I know we get paid more for that...personally I'd prefer the day off with the family but some of us are odd like that)

What tacalote said is correct....the grass is very much greener overseas...just ask traffic traffic....he'll tell you!

As for the threat of the Reagan vs PATCO dustup in the states.. it could well happen again, but you the paying public (and pilots) will suffer as well as the controllers. The US had a huge pile of USAF controllers that were able to step up to the plate to assist. The RAAF is battling to staff its own fields, let alone work the big centres...especially without trainging on the equipment. It's not like stepping up from a C152 to a C172, there is a bit more involved than that.

I wish the controllers all the best in this dispute, chin up guys!