PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 11:24
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cash position of the company is a bit more stable due to the extra investment (read borrowing) based upon the assumption that the company will fulfill its promises to the share holders (me included) in respect to radical restructuring and the abolition of the annual ingrowing toenail strikes.

Whilst that puts the company in a position to look forward it does so with an increased debt sheet, a bunch of shareholders who will be looking for a dividend in the near future and uncertainty as to the direction that the interest rates to service the debt within an almost bankrupt economy will take.

So, whilst all other departments have been assessed and trimmed and rationalised the Ifce department stands out like a sore thumb.

BASSA, once again, instead of grasping the fact that negotiation really is required this time decides to peer over the fence and whinge that the other departments aren't taking their fair share of the medicine.

Wrong. We have had 90 pages of the reasons why BASSA must accept change and no rational, well reasoned and financially viable reason as to why BASSA shouldn't accept any change.

Looking forward to the 'BASSA 100%' rallying call at Kempton on the fifth from the amassed rhetoric monkies .

Not looking forward to the unnecessary uncertainty and strife that BASSA are putting their members through as the run up to the 1 Dec imposition looms.

I hope and I pray that Unite, at least, will sort something out by then.

Until then thanks BASSA for deferring my pay cuts until 01 Dec.