PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 30th Sep 2009, 07:50
nicky7789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SIA scholarship

Hey guys, sorry to interrupt. I also wanna work with Singapore Airlines ever since I was young. I'm not a Singaporean nor a resident of Singapore but I'm from Brunei but I have migrated to Australia, Perth to study. I will be going to an Aviation High School next year. The course is about 5 years and once graduate, I will be continuing the aviation course in Uni for another 3 years. My family background is not that rich so I'm planning to get SIA cargo scholarship. The reason I pick SIA cargo scholarship is because I can't get SIA commercial airlines scholarship because I'm not a singaporean. SIA cargo scholarship is opened to non-singaporeans so I can apply. Since I got 8 years of experience on aviation, is there a gurrantee I can get SIA cargo scholarship? I heard some of my friends say usually SIA's scholarship's first priority is to Singaporean then after that is non-singaporean. If I'm unlucky and didn't get the scholarship, does it mean I wasted 8 years learning aviation and wasted alot of parents money?