PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scottish - Why is it...
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2009, 23:14
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard controllers deny directs outside of CAS
There is a difference between requesting a direct and simply requesting to leave the airspace.

As I said, I don't know any controllers who will refuse a request to leave the airspace..

--------

Mad Jock,

If you are departing at 1035 do you wait for the ATIS issued at 1025 before doing your figures? or do you use what you see outside the window and the METAR / TAF to decide if it is going to be wet or dry at the time of departure?

I hope that you don't fly an aircraft where there are major differences between the dry and wet weights because the company is going to want to know what weight you will be able to use long before the ATIS is recorded.

The problem is that while the runway is dry, the ATIS is reporting it as wet. Even if everything goes to plan, if a resultant audit / random check of the paperwork some weeks later picks up the fact that drty performace figures were used but the ATIS said wet then there will have to be some explaining done.

If however, we can lift the same weight out wet or dry then we don't care but good airmanship would cause a report that the information being provided by the Flight Information Service was wrong.