PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots New Vueling
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2009, 20:00
Airbus_a321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stop foreigner bashing ! I agree !
Don't shoot the foreign pilots, they are just colleagues. Ask the management why they hire foreign pilots instead of local ones. I guess they hire foreign pilots, because they (the airline) needs them urgently. Taking foreign pilots is and was never ever a a question of welfare.

Who cares which level you speak in Catalan, Castillian, French, Italian or German. You must be in any case able to fullfill at least ENGLISH 4, to participate in international aviation. All other requested "language-requirements" by airlines for foreign pilots are nothing else but only just very poor, poor "politics".
One bad example e.g. is the bl....Lufti which also requires German knowledge. A shame on them.

More and more I notice in the last couple of years, that there is a trend, to communicate no more in English but in the native language of the country you are flying , like in Greece, Spain, Italy, France.

My compliments to our colleagues from e.g. Germany, all the Scandinavian and East European Countries and even Egypt. The only language I here on the radio while flying in those countries is ENGLISH, as it should be. Very professional !!

Learn a lesson about professionality in aviation from those guys.

Last edited by Airbus_a321; 28th Sep 2009 at 20:30.