PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - World Cup, BA and PR
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2002, 20:46
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Please, please can we remain civilised?

FlyingRabbit, 3rd September 1989: Flight RG 254 took off from Marabà at 17.25h for the last leg of the Sao Paulo - Marabà - Bélem flight. By accident the pilot entered a 270 deg heading into the flight computer, instead of 027deg. At about 20.45h the aircraft had to make a forced landing in the jungle due to fuel exhaustion. The aircraft was located two days later. The crew were listening to a football match at during a good proportion of trhe flight.

Hugmonster you are getting confused, see above and on the flight I think you are referring to the "Shut-up, Gringo!" statement was an Avianca 747 on approach into Madrid on 27th November 1983. They were the last words on the CVR in reponse to the GPWS warning system a few seconds before flying inbto a mountain.

To the subject in question it is I believe against UK law to use aircraft radios for non-operational matters. Patently stupid, unnecessary and almost unenforceable.

If I have time I do try and obtain any results asked for. It is not always possible or sensible but I would at least let the person concerned know that I had tried.

Rockhound, I am sorry that you received such an abrasive response. The majority of us in BA realise that we are in dire straits and work very hard to look after our bread and butter. The response you received was wrong and I believe not typical.

As far as Notso is concerned he is actually a very pleasant chap but his postings here and on the BA Compuserve forum belie his real character.